Answer: A total of 107 eager readers agreed. That's how many entries Ms. Middleton received in KCH Library Media Center's first-ever "I Love Reading" Photo Contest.
"I thought maybe I'd get 50," she said. "It's been awesome. The kids just took off with it. It's been so much fun."
The rules:
- Take a photo of yourself showing off just how much you love to read.
- It's OK to include anyone (family, friends, pets). Just be creative and make sure it shows your love of reading.
- Write a slogan that corresponds to your photo.
The clever entries included students riding tractors and holding shovels (because they "dig reading"); sitting on rocks (because "reading rocks" or they're "reading rock stars"); dressed in scuba gear (to "dive into reading"); perched on top of suitcases or holding globes (because reading "takes them places"); and many, many more.
Ms. Middleton has invited KCH teachers and staff to vote on their favorites, and the top three vote-getters will be announced Nov. 22 during an all-school meeting. Prizes include gift cards, books, a DVD and stuffed animals.
No comments:
Post a Comment